Applications for the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship for 2023-2024 are now being accepted. The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Program helps low-income candidates attend continuing education programs at ETH Zurich in Switzerland.
The program’s purpose is to improve the knowledge and skills of future leaders so that they can contribute to capacity building and poverty reduction in their home countries. The Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation have kindly financed this fellowship.
- Host Institution: ETH Zurich in Switzerland.
- Field of Study: All programs of the ETH Zurich continuing education programs (MAS/CAS/DAS) are eligible for the scholarship.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Duration of the student’s program.
- Eligible countries: Open to citizens of developing countries on the DAC-list of the OECD.
The Engineering for Development scholarship is fully funded and provides successful applicants with:
- Economy round trip ticket (max. 2’000 CHF)
- Visa fees
- Living allowance for the duration of the program
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (730 CHF per semester)
The following expenses will NOT be covered by the scholarship:
- The E4D Continuing Education Scholarship does not cover the program fees for the MAS/CAS/DAS.
- The School for Continuing Education’s normal application cost of 150 CHF will not be covered. However, if a candidate from a low-income country submits a proper application but is not selected, the application cost will be refunded.
E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Eligibility
To qualify for the Engineering for Development scholarship, Applicants must:
- Have a finished and recognized Master’s degree from a university, as well as confirmation of at least two years of professional working experience.
- TOEFL level C1 is the minimum English requirement. If the continuing education program demands a minimum degree of proficiency in another language, documentation of this proficiency must also be supplied.
- Except for upper-middle income nations, candidates from countries on the OECD’s DAC-list are eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be accepted by the ETH Zurich School of Continuing Education as well as the MAS, DAS, or CAS program office.
How to Apply for the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship?
Interested applicants willing to apply for this scholarship to study in Europe must follow steps below:
Step 1: Application to MAS, DAS or CAS program
Please contact the program webpage and/or program management for information on the selected MAS, DAS, or CAS program’s deadlines, program fees, application procedures, and application documentation. Please click here for more information on the programs available.
Step 2: Application to the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Program
Applications must be submitted online by clicking the “Apply” button below. Email submissions will not be accepted.
Only those accepted into an ETH MAS, DAS, or CAS program will be considered for a scholarship. Applicants must apply for both the E4D scholarship and a continuing education program. Candidates are recommended to contact the program coordinator of their selected school regarding the admission process timeline in order to receive the admission letter before the scholarship application deadline.
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae;
- MSc or Masters Degree, as well as an academic transcript (s) ;
- 1-2 page application letter outlining the candidate’s motivation for attending the program and its influence on their career development and beyond;
- a pair of professional references;
- Official admission letter from the School of Continuing Education confirming admission to the MAS, DAS, or CAS program for the semester;
- Employment certificate. The certificate of employment must be delivered directly to the E4D program office by the employer (not the candidate).
- English level certificate (minimum TOEFL level C1) or other internationally recognized English credentials. If the program demands a minimum degree of proficiency in another language, documentation of this proficiency must also be supplied.
The deadline to submit applicants is . For more details on the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship, please visit the official page.
Please click here for detailed information on program offered.