The FAO Internship Program for Students and Recent Graduates strives to recruit brilliant young women and men who are eager to share their fresh perspectives, innovative ideas, and cutting-edge research in FAO’s domains.
The FAO Internship program enables selected students, enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate degree program or recent graduates with the chance to enhance, their academic knowledge with actual work assignments in a field connected to the activities of FAO. This will help them understand the FAO’s mandate and programs better. Simultaneously, the Program provides FAO with skilled professionals specializing in important subjects related to FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) coordinates international efforts to end hunger and assist development in member nations through agriculture, fisheries, and forestry. The FAO’s mandate is to promote agricultural output, improve the lives of rural populations, and contribute to global economic growth.
- Organizational Unit: Various locations, including the FAO Headquarters in Rome (Italy).
- Area: The intern will be assigned to various sectors of work based on his or her profile and the needs of the organization.
- The number of places is not specified.
- Duration: 3 to 11 months.
- Rome, Italy is the primary location.
- Target group: To apply for the Internship Program at FAO, candidates must be nationals of FAO Member Countries.
Candidates chosen for the FAO Internship Program for Students and Recent Graduates will get the following perks.
- Possibility of supplementing academic knowledge with practical job assignments in a subject connected to FAO’s activity;
- Interns who are not supported by sending universities or other organisations are paid a monthly stipend by FAO.
Internship Program at FAO Eligibility
Applicants for the FAO Internship Program for Students and Recent Graduates must be:
- At the time of application, you must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a legitimate educational institution (please click here for a comprehensive list of authorized institutions) or a recent graduate.
- specialist in a topic relevant to FAO’s mandate and work
- understanding of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language is advantageous. Only language proficiency certificates from UN-accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, and LRT) will be accepted as proof of language knowledge indicated in online applications.
- nationals of FAO member countries;
- between the ages of 21 and 30
- capable of adapting to an international multicultural environment and possessing effective communication skills;
- Applicants who have family members (defined as a sibling, sister, mother, or father) working with FAO under any contractual agreement are ineligible for the Internship Program.
- Prior to the start of the internship assignment, candidates must have proper residency or immigration status in the intended duty station.
- Concentration on Outcomes;
- Collaboration ;
- Communication is essential.
- Developing Successful Partnerships
- Sharing of knowledge and continuous improvement.
How to Apply for this Internship Program at FAO
To apply, please click the “Apply” button below, then pick “Internship Programme” (on the left sidebar) and the program of interest. Please click on “Apply Online” on the appropriate page (official recruitment website). To finish your application, simply follow the steps. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Only applications submitted through the recruitment portal will be taken into account.
- Candidates from the global south and Indigenous Peoples are encouraged to apply, as are qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non- and under-represented member nations.
- Applicants must include a letter of motivation, proof of attendance at a recognized university, or a copy of their academic qualifications, and copies of their language proficiency certificates with their application.
The deadline for applications is August 25, 2023. Please check the official page for more information on the FAO Internship Program for Students and Recent Graduates.