The Schwarzman Scholars Program at Tsinghua University is now accepting applications. The Schwarzman Scholarship is available for a demanding and creative Master of Global Affairs degree program at one of China’s finest universities, Tsinghua University.
The program is fully supported and offers selected applicants with the required money for the duration of their study. The curriculum links the academic and professional worlds to educate students about leadership and China’s rising role in the globe, drawing on the best traditions of Tsinghua and leading academic institutions throughout the world.
Through high-level contacts at lectures, an internship program, a mentors network, and intensive deep-dive trip seminars, the Schwarzman Scholars Program also provides successful applicants with unprecedented learning opportunities with leaders from China and throughout the world. The program is intended to encourage cross-cultural communication among students in order for them to get a better knowledge of how to foster friendship, cooperation, and collaboration around the world.
- Tsinghua University in Beijing, China, is the host university.
- Humanities Master’s Degree Programs in Global Affairs with a focus on one of the following disciplines: Public Policy, Economics and Business, or International Studies.
- Up to 200 awards may be given.
- Duration is determined on the program of study.
- Eligible countries: All nationalities are welcome. However, 40% of the class will be American, 20% Chinese, and 40% from the rest of the world.
Schwarzman Scholars will get a full scholarship that includes the following benefits:
- Fees for tuition;
- Board and lodging;
- Travel to and from Beijing during the start and end of the school year;
- In-country research trip;
- Books and supplies required for the course;
- A laptop from Lenovo;
- Health coverage;
- A personal cost allowance;
Schwarzman Scholars Program at Tsinghua University Eligibility
To apply for this scholarship to study in Asia, candidates must have the following profile:
Be between 18-28 years of age;
Must have an undergraduate dgree: those currently studying must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year. All fields are welcome, but it is important for applicants, regardless of undergraduate major, to articulate how participating in Schwarzman Scholars will help develop their leadership potential within their field.
- English language requirement:
- IELTS: 7;
- TOEFL iBT: 100;
- Cambridge English: Advanced (C1): 185;
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (C2): 185;
Or have studied in English for two or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher.
- Applicants from all parts of the world are welcome to apply for the Schwarzman Scholars program;
- Single or Married applicants are welcome to apply without discrimination. However, no extra allowances will be provided for married candidates;
- The program is open to all without any discrimination of color, sex, location, race, veteran status, religion/beliefs, ethnic/national origins, etc.
Instructions for Use
Interested individuals who want to apply for this Asia scholarship program to study in China should follow the steps provided below.
- Students from the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macao can apply via the China application portal.
- Please apply using the button below for applicants from the United States and around the world.
- Resume (maximum of two pages)
- Academic Records and Transcripts
- (2) Essays
- Recommendation Letters (3)
- Optional video
Applicants are discouraged from providing non-required secondary documents such as portfolios, writing samples, further recommendations, and so on. The Review Committee will not be given access to such materials.
The application deadline is May 20, 2023 for candidates from Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, or Macao, and September 19, 2023 for applicants from the United States and the rest of the world. For more information about the Schwarzman Scholars Program at Tsinghua University, please visit the official page.