In France, applications are being accepted for the Université Sorbonne Paris Nord Scholarships. The EUR M&CS is a 5-year worldwide high-level training program. It is based on the Galilée Doctoral School as well as three local master’s programs: Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, and Imaging and Network Innovation. Three Sorbonne Paris Nord University laboratories are actively involved in this EUR: the LAGA mathematics laboratory, the LIPN computer science laboratory, and the L2TI laboratory concentrating on the analysis and processing of visual information and networks.
Successful candidates for the M&CS Graduate School scholarships will thus be able to study at the Galilée Institute at the Sorbonne Paris Nord University at the Master 1 and/or Master 2 level or at the doctorate level. The EUR emphasizes the interactions and complementarity of mathematics and computer science in order to foster interdisciplinary teaching and research.
Université Sorbonne Paris Nord, located north of Paris, France, was founded in 1971 as a center for teaching and research. The institution is situated across five campuses in the departments of Seine-Saint-Denis and Val d’Oise. It accepts about 25,000 students in all disciplines of Human Sciences and Societies, Law, Health, Medicine, and Human Biology, Literature, Political and Social Sciences Languages, Communication Sciences, Economics, and Management, among others. Don’t forget to look at the best scholarships in France for international students.
- Université Sorbonne Paris Nord in France is the host institution.
- EUR disciplines are the areas of study.
- The number of scholarships is unknown.
- Duration: The candidate’s program’s normal duration.
- Target audience: All nationalities are welcome.
Students enrolled at Sorbonne Paris Nord University pay the same registration fees (€243 per year + €91 for student life membership).
A three-year doctoral contract will pay students pursuing a PhD at a EUR laboratory.
The top masters applicants will be granted a scholarship that includes the following benefits:
M1 students will receive a scholarship of €600 per month for 12 months, while M2 students will receive a scholarship of €600 per month for 10 months.
Students from other regions of Ile de France will earn an additional 400€ per month (for a total of 1000€ per month). Candidates will also benefit from a
- One overseas mission travel grant (in M2)
- Mentoring program: one personal mentor for the duration of the curriculum
- Training that is tailored to the individual
- Event and meeting exchanges with industrial and worldwide academic partnerships
- Every year, one round-trip flight from Paris to the city of residency is provided (foreign students only)
- Housing establishment (CROUS – foreign students only)
Scholarships at the Université Sorbonne Paris Nord
This Europe scholarship program is open to students of all nationalities who:
to apply for a master’s degree, you must have a bachelor’s degree or be able to graduate before the commencement of the program.
To apply for a PhD program, you must have a master’s degree.
Furthermore, candidates must be prepared to complete the EUR course requirements:
- Selecting a primary and minor theme from math, computer science, visual computing, and networking
- Master’s course selection (including internships): 60% of classes in the main and 40% in the minor
- Participating at M&CS events and becoming involved
- Participating in at least one international mission (M2).
How to Apply for Scholarships at Université Sorbonne Paris North
Qualified applicants who desire to apply for this scholarship program should submit their applications using the guidelines provided below.
Request for a Master’s Degree (M1 or M2)
These calls are accessible to students with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or who expect to graduate in the EUR disciplines before the program begins.
- A first call will be issued from October 1, 2022 until February 28, 2023 (11:59 p.m. French time), with a focus on overseas students. Students from outside Europe must apply on Campus France at the same time.
- A second call was issued from March 15, 2023 to May 15, 2023 (11:59 p.m. French time) to students currently studying in France and Europe (but all applications will be considered).
Please access the application form for both calls by clicking on the apply button below.
Application for a PhD
This request for applications is available to all students holding a master’s degree, regardless of nationality. This application must be sponsored by at least one of the EUR-affiliated laboratories.
- Contact the institution between December 2022 and March 2023 to show your profile to its laboratories.
- File submission will be handled by the Galilée Doctoral School beginning in May 2023. Please go here to read about the application process for graduate school (in French).
Applicants who are presently enrolled in a PhD program or who already hold a doctorate degree are not eligible. Women’s applications are especially encouraged for all calls.
The deadline for applications is May 15, 2023. Please visit the official page for more information about the Université Sorbonne Paris Nord Scholarships.